Have you ever needed to add more warehouse office space quickly, but didn’t have the time (or money) for a full construction and renovation project? That’s why many suggest purchasing a modular office. Modular offices are prefabricated buildings and are suitable for a variety of industries. In-plant offices can be configured into a single or multi-level building and used as whatever kind of workspace you require, whether they’re simply used as a break room or as an extra space for managers and supervisors to better monitor warehouse operations.
Prefab buildings come built according to your specifications, and can include features like:
- Interior floor coverings,
- Exterior siding, and
- Plumbing and electrical wiring.
So, what are the benefits of using modular offices to add to your warehouse workspace?
Benefits of a Modular Office
- Enhanced worker productivity and communication: Since modular offices can be placed virtually anywhere around a warehouse facility, it allows you to better supervise worker activity. Group collaboration is a big part of working in a warehouse — making communication extremely important. With enhanced supervision, warehouse managers and other group leaders can give helpful feedback to workers and increase their safety by ensuring all processes and equipment are performing correctly.
- Control costs and cost savings: In-plant offices are an economical way to add extra warehouse office space. Traditional construction projects can have large up-front costs. Additional costs can sometimes be added later on, which makes it harder to properly budget warehouse expenses. Plus, construction and renovation operations may force you to suspend certain warehouse operations while new workspace is being added. When you purchase a modular office, you pay one price and can properly allocate your budget for future expansion. This way, you get extra warehouse office space when you need it without having to wait months for renovations to be completed.
- Sound and environmental control: Warehouse facilities are a busy and loud environment. Hearing heavy equipment throughout the day can be stressful for workers, which can make it difficult for them to concentrate on the task at hand — increasing their chances of causing an accident or getting hurt. Prefab buildings are perfect to use as a break room and allow workers a place to escape the noise so they can rest their minds and bodies. It also helps regulate temperature and humidity levels inside the warehouse and offers protection from harsh weather conditions so workers aren’t affected by temperature changes.
- Easy warehouse expansion: The best part about owning a modular office is that they can be configured to accommodate any of your warehouse expansion needs. In-plant offices can continually be added to grow your workspace and are suitable for a wide range of industries. So, if you decide to redesign your warehouse layout, or need to expand, renovate, minimize, or even relocate your prefabricated warehouse office, you can do so with ease and minimize the cost of rebuilding.
- Quick installation: Because modular offices are prefabricated, they can be shipped to your warehouse almost immediately — which minimizes the delay for delivery. Additionally, because they’re largely preassembled, installation is very quick. Most prefab buildings are delivered in four to six weeks, so you gain additional warehouse office space in a short amount of time. You also don’t need to worry about increased downtime or having warehouse operations being disrupted due to noisy construction.
With modular offices, you no longer need to worry about paying for an expensive renovation project just because you need extra warehouse office space. You can easily budget your expenses for future expansion while still gaining the additional workspace you need without having to disrupt current operations.
If you’re ready to expand your warehouse space with an in-plant office, contact a Southern State Enterprises representative today to see how our services can help improve your storage and handling solutions!